The Liver Has Over 500 Functions in The Human Body
Liver functions include but are not limited to:
- Bile production
- Enzyme processes
- Blood purification
- Hormone regulation
And so much more. The liver plays a large role in the key areas of metabolism of fats, carbs and proteins. Purifying and filtering the blood as well as the production and regulation of hormones in the body. There are many foods and herbs that support liver health. Continuing these in your diet will support you in a powerful way.
Foods That Support Liver Health & Function Include:
- Beets (You can also get an organic beetroot juice powder here)
- Lemons (rich in enzyme support)
- Olive oil (and other healthy fats)
- Grapefruit (enzyme rich!)
- Blueberries & cranberries (antioxidant rich berries)
- Cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli and cauliflower
- Raw Unpasteurized honey – Try some here! (Gives your liver necessary glycogen and enzymes!)
The Liver is Emotionally Connected To Anger
It is also important to note that the emotion of anger is tied to the liver. You’ve heard the phrase “angry drunk” before? Yes, of course. What organ is negatively effected most by alcohol? The liver. The liver stores the emotion of anger if it is not properly dealt with. Learning to process and forgive your traumas is an important non-physical process for liver health and function. Chinese medicine goes into depth about the connection of organs to emotional health here.
The liver plays a big role in health, metabolism and so much more. Take care of your liver health by getting the necessary foods, drinks and nutrients in your diet today. Be sure to join the Healthy Wild Free VIP membership below if you haven’t already!